dr. C. (Corina) Heri
Faculty of Law
Public International Law
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
1001 NJ Amsterdam
Corina Heri has been a postdoctoral researcher at the Amsterdam Center for International Law (ACIL) since 2017. Before that, she completed her PhD research at the University of Zurich, Switzerland, in 2017. Her PhD research concerned the concept of vulnerability in the Article 3 ECHR case-law of the European Court of Human Rights. She previously obtained her Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the University of Zurich and an LL.M. from King’s College London in 2012. Her PhD research was funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation and the Janggen-Pöhn Foundation.
Corina's research at the UvA forms part of the research priority area on 'Law and Justice Across Borders'. Her research project focuses on the proposal of a human right to land, namely the possibility and content of such a right and ways to integrate land rights regulation and the principles of socio-economic justice, environmental concerns, and human rights.
- Heri, C., & Keller, H. (2015). Protecting the best interests of the child: International child abduction and the European Court of human rights. Nordic Journal of International Law, 84(2), 270-296. DOI: 10.1163/15718107-08402006
- Heri, C. (2014). Enforced disappearance and the European court of human rights' Ratione temporis jurisdiction: A discussion of temporal elements in Janowiec and others v. Russia. Journal of International Criminal Justice, 12(4), 751-768. DOI: 10.1093/jicj/mqu053
- Keller, H., & Heri, C. (2014). Enforced disappearance and the European court of human rights: A'wall of silence', fact-finding difficulties and states as 'subversive objectors'. Journal of International Criminal Justice, 12(4), 735-750. DOI: 10.1093/jicj/mqu042
- Heri, C. (submitted). Article 17 UDHR and the Emergence of Peasant Rights: Tracing the Social Function of Property to 1948. Paper presented at AHRI conference on Renewing Rights in Times of Transition, Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
- Keller, H., & Heri, C. (2018). The Role of the European Court of Human Rights in Adjudicating Religious Exception Claims. In S. Mancini, & M. Rosenfeld (Eds.), The Conscience Wars: Rethinking the Balance between Religion, Identity, and Equality (pp. 303-327). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Moeckli, D., Keller, H., & Heri, C. (Eds.) (2018). The Human Rights Covenants at 50: Their Past, Present, and Future. Oxford: Oxford University Press. DOI: 10.1093/oso/9780198825890.001.0001 [details]
- Keller, H., & Heri, C. (2016). Selective Criminal Proceedings and Article 18 ECHR: The European Court of Human Rights’ Untapped Potential to Protect Democracy. Human Rights Law Journal, 36(1-6), 1-10.
- Heri, C. (2013). Krankheit, Behinderung und Freiheitsentzug. In L. Fahrländer, & R. A. Heizmann (Eds.), Europäisierung der schweizerischen Rechtsordnung (Vol. 15). (Analysen und Perspektiven von Assistierenden des RWI (APARIUZ)). Dike Verlag.
Talk / presentation
- Heri, C. (speaker) (24-5-2018). Peasant Rights Claims and their Implications, Human Rights Centre, University of Ghent.
- Heri, C. (participant) (17-11-2017). Empowering the Most Affected, Tübingen, Germany. Presentation: La Via Campesina and the Development of Peasant Rights (participating in a conference, workshop, ...).
- Heri, C. (participant) (12-1-2017). Gender on the International Bench, The Hague, Netherlands (participating in a conference, workshop, ...).
- No ancillary activities