The ACIL is the center of excellence of the UvA for public international law, established to initiate and undertake fundamental and applied research into the development and application of international law and its interaction with national legal orders.
The ACIL herewith contributes to the academic, policy and societal debate at the national and international level. The ACIL:
- creates a stimulating academic research environment for its members
- initiates and encourages collaboration with other researchers and institutes at the national and international level
- organizes research meetings and conferences in order to support an exchange of views on individual and collective research
- supports and facilitates efforts to seek and obtain external funding for researchers and research projects
- disseminates research output, knowledge and understanding to all relevant stakeholders via different resources and networks