The ACIL is directed by Ingo Venzke.
The ACIL Board meets several times a year to discuss all policy matters relating to the ACIL and its research. The Board consists of:
- Catherine Brölmann (Director of the PhD Programme in Law)
- Marc Tiernan (Representative PhD Researchers)
- Marten Zwanenburg (Professor of Military Law)
- Ingo Venzke (Chair of the ACIL Board & ACIL Director)
- Sergey Vasiliev (Associate Professor of Criminal Law)
Ellysia van der Werf supports the conduct of ACIL’s activities.